Tuesday 28 January 2014

How to: design a crocheted lace for a pillow case! Part Two.


The final project will look like this. 
But how will go to the final project with our personal ideas or inspirations? 


Continue with the diagram for main design.

The main designing will be drawn on crocheted mesh material. I choose to draw a spiral this time. You may choose your own idea.

The mesh material is composed by two simple stitches: chain and dc (US). All you have to do is to crochet alternate those stitches. 

The only difference is that where will be a design, replace the chain with another dc (US).




For beginning you have to crochet a number of chains that must be multiply by two plus another three for turning.
Measures the sides of the pillow. Mine was square and I have to use 70 chains plus 3 to begin. 

Then, crochet the first row: dc in 5th ch from the hook, *1 ch, skip 1 ch, sc in next ch; repeat from * until the end of the row.

Continue to crochet according to the diagram.


I begin with 2 rows of mesh (alternate 1 dc with 1 ch) then I will start to crochet the model. I will let at the end another 2 rows of mesh, for unity.

Do not cut the yarn. Make another one (another square with the same model).






Visit my next post "How to: design a crocheted lace for a pillow case! Part Three" and find more other useful tips to finished the project.


Please follow my blog and like my facebook page to be updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment