Saturday 22 February 2014

My box with candy threads- storage hooks crochet

I have some remaining yarns, different colors and different types, and because I didn't throw away its, I was thinking that is time to make them useful on something.


Because all of my crochet hooks has the size number wrote on its, I decided to put them all together, in a little bag with a small scissors near, and hang it out near my work table...my universe of inspiration.
So, I crocheted this storage hooks:


This little bag for hooks is so easy, quick and fun to make it! You will love to crocheted it, for sure and I  hope that it will inspire you for another beautiful projects.



 My inspiration came from those singular laces (cords) made on my knitting mill and a lot of remaining yarn.

First of all you will need 4 different colors of remaining yarn.


 On knitting miller make 2 laces (cords) on the same size, about 1 meter and a half each, with different colors.




After that, according to the ply or thickness of the thread used, you will need a crochet hook, a needle and a scissor. I used Crochet hook: 4 mm.

NOTE:
Crochet in the circle. Do not turn, do not
join at the end of the row.

Yarn needle Gauge:
It doesn't important.

Finished measurements:
About 12 cm diameter.

Stitches used and abbreviations:
- Single crochet, sc (US)
- Chain, ch (US)
- Slip stitch, sl st (US)

Starting by make a small circle with one of the lace and fix it with a sl st.


Then crochet in the circle sc, as many as to cover the lace circle.


Do not turn, do not join, continue with sc in each sc from previous row and over the remaining lace.
Crochet alternate rows with 2sc in each sc and another row with 1 sc in each sc.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.


Do the same with the other lace and crochet it with other yarn color.




Now you have two spirals crocheted.


Crochet those spirals together with sl st or sc and leave a small opened.


Then crochet about 40 chains for hang it out, but depend of the diameter of the bag.


Sl st on first two stitches. Take care not to twist the chains.
Cut the yarn.
Fasten off. Weave in ends.


Join our community to follow more other lovely ideas!

This pattern is my own creation, so please do not sell, distribute, post on any other websites, or claim it as your own.
If you wish to share my design with others, post a link to my page.
I do not care if you sell the finished item you make at a craft fair, fundraiser, or just give it away as a gift; but please do give me credit for the pattern.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like this pattern and I want to make it but I don't know what a "knitting miller" is, is it a extra tool or is it a type of stitch? I've can't find it anywhere! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knitting miller is a extra tool that help to make easy and fast the cords, otherwise you have to crochet them manually. There is a picture with the tool on this post:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bK8rdAZ1QbI/Uwirj2wbVkI/AAAAAAAAAmw/nTsEz9RB5ns/s1600/crochet+storage+hooks+3.JPG

    ReplyDelete