Friday 20 December 2013

A belt for my coat


I like belts, especially if gives a finished look to the clothes.
I few years ago, when I was pregnant, I bought a wood coat wide in the waist.
And now, because of its wide I decide to crochet an assorted strap for it.

...and believe me, this belt is very easy to crochet, the model is cute and fit well with winter clothes.



Here is how!

You will need:
Yarn, I used mohair classic, with 70% mohair and 30% acrylic. I feel lucky that I found it in the same tone with my coat.
Crochet hook, 5 mm.


Finished measurement:
width: about 10 cm
length: about 85 cm

Note: multiple by 5 plus 2.
Start with 17 chs and then continue the pattern described here, on my post:
crochet-stitch-pattern-flower-with-two-petals
Crochet the model until the desired length.

Assembly:
- sew the belt to the buckle on the side that you started.
- if the coat doesn't have eyelets, crochet them (make at least two), with two rows of double crochet stitches each,  and sew them to the coat, one on the left, and the other one on the right side.


I hope this tutorial will inspire you a little bit in your creations.
Please share with me about your work and your opinion. I love your feedback.

Enjoy your new look with the old coat at least as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Ingenioasa cureaua, merge la paltoane.

    ReplyDelete